Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lake Wenatchee

Being from Minnesota and all, I wanted to see the popular skiing/recreational lake in the area. So, we went to Lake Wenatchee (about 15/20 min. from Leavenworth). They had a great campground and beach where we hung out for an hour or so. There are also some fun hikes around the lake/river area.

After we parked, I noticed this sign by the public boat launch: (Seriously??! $7.00 to put your boat in the water, weather it's a tiny fishing boat or a yacht? I've never been so glad to be from Minnesota and the midwest and a place where we don't do this - What is this world coming to?)

Dewey informed me that it is this way all over the state of Washington and Alaska too (that really surprised me since Alaska, as a general rule, doesn't charge people to enjoy nature!)

No comments:

Post a Comment