Monday, November 1, 2010

Long Time no....post.







Hello everyone - My apologies for being so terrible at updating my blog. I've had a lot going on lately, but no more excuses, just lots of stories to tell! So here we go.....I'm going to start a few weeks back to catch everyone up:


After getting back from Alaska, end of Sept, I spent the next few weeks catching up with family and friends. I was able to spend a great Homecoming weekend in Marshall at my Almamater: SMSU (Go Mustangs!) and with my wonderful college crew - it was great to see you guys - it's not often enough that I can hang out with all of you and I miss you terribly!

On Oct. 12th, Dewey flew into MSP to spend the week around Minnesota and South Dakota. He wasn't here long, so it was mainly a trip for him to meet my immediate family and a few friends along the way. He was even able to meet Dad via Skype! As promised, we got to spend a morning at the Mall of America where he rode a roller coaster and the log ride with me. He really got off easy as far as shopping though since I didn't drag him into any of my favorite clothing stores!
We also made it to church Wed. night in Mankato, and spent the following two days with mom in Jackson where I crammed as much as I possibly could into the Jetta for the trip west.

Dewey was amazed at how flat the country was and how you could see for miles and miles. Needless to say, he took lots of pictures. Personally, I liked to laugh at how he was "rediscovering" life in the lower 48, after being in the Alaskan woods for 10 years!

On Sat. the 16th we left for Vermillion to spend the day with my sister and her fiance', Len. We went bowling that evening and I kicked Dewey's butt two out of three games!
The next day we went to Huron to see Lance and hang out. We had a good time watching his big screen and shooting the shit.

The photos attached to this post are of Dewey's arrival at MSP and his trip to the MOA the next day.

On Monday morning we left my brothers to start out road tip to Washington.

To be continued.....



No comments:

Post a Comment