Monday, August 15, 2011

Floating the Icicle River

What: Floating the Icicle River with friends and enjoying a (rare) day-off
When: August 10th

One of the most popular summer activities in Leavenworth is to do a "lazy" float down either the Wenatchee river (getting on at the bridge, just down from my house), or the Icicle River (getting on at the fish hatchery, just 2 blocks down from my house). Most of the locals own a min. of 2 tubes per person, and on a busy Saturday, I've heard 500+ people spend the day relaxing on tubes in the rivers. So, naturally, I had to buy a tube and try this! (If you aren't a local, and still want to join the fun, you can call Tube Leavenworth, a local company, that will rent you a tube, give you paddles (read: Frisbees) and shuttle you to a drop-off location and then pick you up at the beach when you are done!)
I went with some friends, Laura & Quinn from The Sleeping Lady, and Jason, a friend I met through Laura, Quinn and Jess.

Check out my day, and please forgive some of the photos. Evidently, my photo-taking abilities are inversely proportionate to my Margarita consumption.

At the put-in. We're waiting on the boys....

Here they come - Quinn and Jason.

A view from the river

My friend Laura!

Self-portrait!

I'm willing to bet this beats Margaritaville....but, where's the salt.....?



just relaxing on the river...

Got my toes in the water, ass in the sand....oh, wait, I got my ass in my tube, toes in the air.... not a worry in the world (including that this doesn't rhyme), a cold drink in my hand!

Quinn - you're so talented - you can balance a beer on your stomach while Kayaking!



Till Next time.....
Hope you are all having as much fun as me!!


1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me where you got out? We are going to be out there this weekend and would love to do this! Not sure we'll be able to swing the margaritas, though. :) Erin

    ReplyDelete