Monday, August 15, 2011

Widbey Island Adventures

What: A trip to Whidbey Island (Northwestern corner of Washington on Puget Sound)
When: Aug 3-4
I flew into SeaTac and since I was already on that side of the state, I decided to hang around and make the most of it. So, I drove up to Mukilteo, caught the ferry and headed for Whidbey Island!

Views from Mukilteo where I got on the ferry!

On the ferry....



Anchorage Bed & Breakfast in Coupeville where I stayed the night. I had dinner down the street at a Tavern called Tobys (right on the water). I had steamed mussels from Penn Cove (which is on the Island). They were fantastic!

On the 4th, I went Ocean Kayaking out of the Marina in Langly. (The southern end of the island)

Me and My guide. (We were in tandem/2 person kayaks)

More Kayakers - part of the group we were with....

The pier in Coupeville, where I stopped for an iced latte! Yum! and a local bottle of white wine - yummier!

self-portrait!

Another self-portrait! This time I'm at Ebey's Landing on the beach!

So good to see and walk in the ocean again!

Views off Deception Pass Bridge

The beach below Deception Pass Bridge

Deception Pass Bridge


View from the other side

And then it was time to drive home....back to work, back to reality!
~Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment