Sunday, May 31, 2009

Alaska is like Colorado on Acid....

May 31, 2009

Yesterday was my first Alaskan hiking experience - WOW! It was a totally different world than I've ever seen - almost like a scene from a movie. While we were hiking and enjoying a beautiful (rain-free) afternoon, Jill, made the comment that Alaska is like Colorado on Acid. I would have to agree. Last time I was in Tongass Nat. Rainforest with Lance to go Ziplining, we were so high in the trees it was hard to observe the rainforest. This time is was so different. Everything was so green - and wet! The trees were spongy with so much water and the ferns all over were soft and spongey as well. The trail was even boggy when you walked on it. Speaking of the trail, it was more like a creek bed with rocks or tree roots you could use to step on. Needless to say, we hiked in our goloshes because we were shin deep in mud in some spots! It was amazing!
I'll try to post the photos on my facebook page tonight.
(Currently, I'm having some issues with my computer/the internet/gmail and this blog site, so until I can get that worked out, I won't be able to post photos on the blog - my applogies!)

As for work, we've been busy cleaning the lodge getting ready for the first guests who arrive on the 5th. Tomorrow we start a lot of the office training and Tuesday we will go into Ketchikan to the office there.
Today we had the last of the crew arrive, so it was good to finially meet everyone. I'll have to arrange a crew photo soon, so that you can meet them too.

Guess that's all I know for now - Take care everyone - Luv from AK!
-Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment