Thursday, May 28, 2009

Watch out Yes Bay - I've arrived!

Stardate: May 28th 2009 (that's for you B!)

I've arrived!
Yesterday was all travel. I learned that the airport in Ketchikan is actually located on an island. (Which was quite interesting!) Fortunatly, I met a very nice "water taxi" driver who not only found me a hotel for the evening, but invited me out to dinner with him and his daughter!
I got to stay the night in Ketchikan at the Gilmore hotel (this great old hotel complete with heat registers! I think they said the hotel was 90 years old....) The weather in Ketchikan was sunny and warm (not at all what I expected.) So I had a great time wandering around town.

Today around noon they picked me up and took me to the lodge. I arrived by boat (thank goodness). It was about an hour and a half ride. It was raining the whole time (that's more like it! Don't know why I bothered to do my hair....)
Everyone so far has been super friendly and nice and I'm looking forward to work tomorrow.

Kayla (the bosses' 10- yr old daughter) took me on a tour around the lodge and I got some pictures. I'll try to get them uploaded tomorrow. Check out facebook - they are there! (Having trouble with the internet just now....)

Oh - and the sun rises at 4 a.m. here, so I shouldn't have any trouble getting up in the morning!

TTYL!
-Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment