Saturday, June 19, 2010

The biggest fish I ever caught - it's no fish tale!




June 18, 2010

Since I've been working so hard lately and haven't had much opportunity to goof off, I asked Kevin if I could go out fishing for a few hours this afternoon with one of the new guides who wasn't working. So, I went out with Guy, we call him Capt. Smiley. We started with some Halibut fishing, but didn't have much luck (we missed the low tide by about an hour - we were at the lodge having lunch), so we decided to do some King Salmon fishing. On our second pass around Gedney Island, we hooked a King. It was an exciting 25 minutes of Sharon vs Mr. King Salmon before we got it in the boat, and both Guy and I were so excited we jumped around for about 10 minutes before we realized we should unhook the fish! LOL!
Guy claims it was the best fish-fight he's seen since he's been here, but he's probably just being a good guide and making that up for my benefit. When we got back to the dock around 4 p.m. and weighed it, turns out it was 22.2 lbs! Making it the biggest fish I ever caught! Whoo Hoo!!

The photos attached show me with the fish, Guy with the fish, and then us with the fish on the scale. (Saylor wanted in on that photo too!)

Happy fishing all - Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment