Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday at Yes Bay


June 4, 2010
It’s Friday at Yes Bay…not that it feels any different than, say, Monday or Saturday. Weekends don’t mean much up here, as we work every day. I’ve been busy putting the office together for the start of the season. It’s a bit overwhelming, but I’ve made some great progress. I’ve gotten the gift shop set up and looking good – even got to order some new merchandise. (Almost like old times, only I had to contact the vendor and this was a far cry from wedding merchandise!) I’ve almost got the guest files in order too! Hopefully by noon tomorrow……

The Lodge was in for some excitement today, as Kevin’s new plane arrived for the first time. We were all down at the dock waiting for it. For my boss, it was like Christmas. It flew in on Wed. from Seattle and they have been working non-stop to get it ready to fly. Pirate Airworks is officially back in business. The new plane is an Otter (so it holds 6 people). Nicknamed “9 pounds” due to its tail/call numbers. (N9LB) It has leather seats, DVD players in the back of the seats, (although we joke that it would take 3 trips to and from town to watch a whole movie, as it’s a 20 minute flight, one way) and new floats. It’s even painted up in Pirate colors – red, black, and white. I’ve attached a photo. We still need to get the Pirate logo on it, but I think that’s tomorrow’s project.

Speaking of tomorrow, it should be another big day as we are expecting about 7 of the crew to arrive. The rest of the crew will come on the 7th and 8th. I’m a little worried, but I think I need to have a better attitude….you know “strangers are just friends I haven’t met yet”….or some B.S. like that….

Well then, on that cheery note, I’m going to run and get some hot cocoa….it’s a bit cool here and we don’t have the heat on in the lodge. (Burr)

Thinking about all of you back in the warm midwest.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment