Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year's Challenge - Part 2

Last year about this time, I found myself in some very unhappy situations and working through a time of unemployment....surprise, surprise, I seem to be in that same spot again at the beginning of 2012, with the exception that instead of being in scenic Leavenworth, I'm in Jackson, MN! Oh well, at least I have family and friends close!

That being said, last year, to help cheer me up and get me out of my funk, my cousin proposed a challenge to do one new thing a week for 16 weeks...... As it turned out, I did a whole bunch of new things, and not just for 16 weeks, but for all summer long. In the end, it was the best New Year's Challenge ever and I ended up having a ton of fun and experiencing a lot more than I may have otherwise. That being said, I want to continue the challenge for 2012! (albeit a few modifications....) This year, I challenge myself to do or try one thing I've never tried/done before once every two weeks and then blog about it! This could prove to be somewhat of a challenge, as I've lived around here for half my life, but we'll see. Even a half effort will result in good things, I'm sure of it!

Since we are into the 2nd week of January already, I should catch you up on what I've done so far:

Week 1: Jan 1-7th: Mom and I made scarves out of old t-shirts! We got the ideas from my new favorite website: Pintrest! I made three and they turned out great! (Sorry - no pictures, guess you'll have to take my word for it!)

Week 2: Jan 8-14th: I'm working part time at Reed & Brinkman Accounting downtown Jackson. (okay, basically I just help mom out doing her grunt work during tax season. But hey, I need the money and the hours are flexible!) So, for the first time in my life I have used a plethora of computer programs and tax software to print tax forms I've never heard of before! 941s, 1099s.......and the list goes on! (Again, no pictures....but this is pretty boring stuff, so really, I'm doing you a favor here!)

Can't wait to see what's next.....

~Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment