Friday, January 20, 2012

A NYE Challenge that was "Sew" Easy!

Jan. 20:
Okay, here it is, the first update since I made my official New Years Challenge to try something new once every two weeks.
I need to start by saying that I've also decided that my parents should participate along with me, since I'm living with them, they might as well expand thier horizons!

So, let's start with dad....he qualifies by trying dessert pizza for the first time. (crazy I know, but he's pretty traditional when it comes to food!)

Moving onto mom: She rocked Wii fit! (especially the hulla hoop game - LOL!) Watch out Super Mario Brothers - You're next!

As for me: I openend the sewing machine I got 3 years ago for Christmas for the first time and (without a pattern) made a few aprons!
I should probably explain that I wanted to get one for mom's birthday (which is today), but couldn't find one I liked AND could afford (still unemployed!) So, I turned to the web for ideas thinking I could create one out of something I had here at home.

The handkerchief apron was my first atempt, and, although it looks pretty sassy in the photo, I wasn't overall pleased with it. So, I dug through drawers of mom's old fabric pieces and used an apron I got for Christmas to model the next two creations after. It only took me 5 hours to make them but I think they turned out fabulous!
The floral apron ended up being mom's birthday gift.
Check out the pictures below!

Until next week...
~Sharon

Attempt #1: Apron using 2 handkerchiefs and gossgrain ribbon
Attempt #2 - Now were cook'n!



Mom and I in the aprons!

No comments:

Post a Comment