Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Challenge

Hiya all -

Well, it's the new year. Time for New Year's Resolutions, new beginnings and a new blog format! Personally, 2010 was okay- guess it was hard to follow 2009. Since it's not as much fun to read about mundane life, I kind of fell off the "blogging" band-wagon. Oh sure, there were a few posts from the winter in Minnesota, this last summer in Alaska, and my new adventure in Washington, but let's face it. If I'm going to be so crappy at communicating with all of you via email, text, facebook, or snail-mail, the least I could do was post to my blog what I'm up to. 

Guess I need to start by saying that Washington has proved to be less than what I had imagined. The job market is CRAP, I'm still unhappily unemployed, the unemployment system has been a huge pain/let down for me, and I've self-diagnosed myself with a mild case of depression.  Now, before I call the band for my pity party, I have to say that I am hopeful that all of this will change in 2011. I'm working on a new attitude/outlook that I will be the Queen of Part-Time Employment (I even have a few interviews set up for next week), I'm working with the state of MN and AK to fix prior errors, and I have an appointment to see a doctor. I also have the world's greatest cousin/friend/confidant/& councilor who came up with the exciting proposal I'm about to tell you about.

As it's New Year's day, it marks the beginning of a 16 week countdown to May 1st. (May is significant because the rental agreement on the house is up May 31st, and, as plans stand, Dewey will be returning to Alaska and Yes Bay Lodge, while I return to Minnesota.)
The challenge: do/perform/take part in 16 different events/activities (one a week) that are special or significant to this area, and then blog about it.

So, stay tuned for the first event - coming to you, sometime this week!
~Sharon

P.S. Feel free to offer suggestions on activities or things that you would like to see (or read) about me doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment