Sunday, February 27, 2011

Macy's Fashion Show

As most of you may have heard, I'm working at Macy's in "Better Sportswear" (A.K.A. Women's Clothing). It's the perfect job for me, as I shop all day long and help people spend money! Of course, I spend some of mine too, because I can never resist a new shirt, pants, or shoes and I love a good sale.

Last week, we had 5 girls who ran for Royalty in the Wenatchee Apple Blossom Pageant, but who were not selected as the Queen and Princesses, model for us during a fashion show. The fashion show not only showcased the girls, but also our new spring line of women's fashions from I.N.C. We also included the newest shoe, handbag and jewelry styles from various lines in the store. The fashion show took place on a Friday night (which I was unable to attend since I was working at the Sleeping Lady), and was MC'd by a co-worker who heads the fashion show and I.N.C. department, Beth Hayes.

Now, the week prior to the fashion show we outfitted the Queen and the two Princesses with a business suit ensemble that included skirt, shirt, jacket, shoes, and jewelry, that they can wear to various upcoming community events. When I say "we outfitted" I mean that Beth and I selected the pieces for the girls and Macy's provided them. So basically, I got to dress royalty - LOL!  (No joking aside, this whole "Apple Blossom Festival in Wenatchee is a BIG DEAL - It's a whole month of festivities around town and I'm sure I'll post more about it later.)

I digress....back to the fashion show: The main reason I wanted to share these photos was because I personally dressed and accessorized half of the girls - which was so fun for me!! (each was given two outfits to model), and I think a few of them turned out just super cute!

All 5 girls in outfit #1

I put this outfit together, and it was my favorite of the night - the shoes and jewelry were the best part! Oh, the capris are cute too (might have to buy those myself....)

Beth put this outfit together - looks great on the model - she's so tall.
Beth is the associate in the black and teal in the background.

All 5 girls in outfit #2

Thanks for reading ~Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment