Friday, February 4, 2011

Just busy working!

By now, it's been 5 weeks since the start of the new year, and according to my New Year's Challenge, I should have done 5 new activities.
However, it appears that I've only succeeded in doing 4: Snowshoeing, Cross Country Skiing, Snowboarding and Alpine Skiing. I believe the first week I told you about helping out in downtown Leavenworth at The Oil & Vinegar Cellar, so maybe that counts as 5 since I've never done anything quite like this before?
I don't really have any good excuses for my current lack of exciting activities to report other than my knee isn't back to normal yet (damn MCL), and I have, for the first time since I've moved here) been booked each day at various jobs - Finally! Thank God!

Speaking of jobs, here's an update:
I've been made a "Core Team-member" at Macy's. My new home is in "Better Sportswear" or, Women's clothing. It's a part time position, but I try to pick up extra shifts so that I work 5, 7hr shifts a week. This has proven to be a lot of fun for a natural-born shopper like myself, but also VERY dangerous for my credit card! All-in-all, I completely enjoy the job!

On Friday nights, I waitress at The Sleeping Lady Resort, in Leavenworth. It's about a mile down the road from my house and is an up-scale resort with lots to see and do. (The web site is: http://www.sleepinglady.com/ ) The restaurant features food by gourmet buffet, so this is a new kind of waitress experience for me. For the most part, I'm a cocktail waitress with minimal interaction with food service other than "pre-busing." Since the resort offers "packages" that include meals, most of the guests are just paying for drinks or charging them to their room account, so tips are a bit different than in normal waitress situations as well. So far, the people have been great, and it's been easy to catch on. Tonight will be my second night by myself, so hopefully all continues to go well. (Training in a new job always sucks).

Guess that's all for now. Hopefully next week I'll have some new and exciting activity or event to entertain you with. Thanks for reading!
~Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment