Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lucky Boots

June 14, 2009

Let me introduce you to my lucky boots. (thanks to Jill and Amanda for the inspiration to buy these before I came up here!)

First off, I should explain that due to the rainy weather and dock-work, everyone here wears the brown XtraTuff boots (pretty much all day long and 7 days a week). In fact, in the stores, they call them the "Ketchikan Sneaker." (AND, they are like $80.00!!!) But, since I require fashionable footwear, (even in the middle of nowhere) I wanted something more exciting than brown.

Now, they didn't become "lucky" until I wore them fishing...and caught fish. In fact, the second day out, I was the only one who caught anything in my boat (even if they were just two puney rockfish that we threw back!)

They guys like to poke fun at my boots....especially because they match my coat and are pink, but that's okay with me....they're just jealous! LOL!

P.S. Dan, one of the guides has a pair of white boots that everyone makes fun of too!

Luv from AK!









3 comments:

  1. I love the boots, Sharon! Jon and I, Jake, Zach, Jamison and Matt are headed to Canada next week to go fishing. Jon told me I needed boots for the trip...so off to Fleet Farm we went. The boys have the less desirable brown boots, but I said, "No Thanks" and headed to the shelves lined with the more colorful footwear, including the pair I selected...black boots with multicolored polka dots! You can never be too fashionable when fishing in remote areas! We'll enjoy your blog and the amazing photos of Alaskan scenery. Take care, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the boots! The photo with all of the ugly brown ones and your sassy little colorful ones is priceless... I plan to print the photo, frame it and hang it in my shoe closet, just for laughs!
    Every time I see galashes at Target (and I have seen them a few times after we were unable to locate them when you were here), I think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is awesome! A girl has to stay true to herself, even in the middle of nowhere! : )

    ReplyDelete