Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Solstice 2009

June 20, 2009,

With the calendar marking today as the Summer Solstice, Yes Bay Lodge commemorated the
event with a long standing tradition...... Burning a boat and then jumping off the dock. (Although I have a feeling every summer celebration around here involves jumping off the dock - especially if Nicky is involved!)
Oh - I almost forgot, you get to write down everything you want to come to you in the next year on a piece of paper. Then the paper is put on the boat to burn. Fun Eh?

Well, the water was FREEZING! It took my breath away. I just kept thinking, "do not bitch about the cold water, do not bitch about the cold water" and "hurry up and get me out of here before some wierd and scary fish bite my toes!" (that's about where panick set in and I went straight back to the dock where Dan pulled me up - Phew! I made it with 10 toes still in tack and no jelly fish stings!)

I guess our fun must have attracted some of the guests as well, because one of the guys took a video of the entire thing. I'll have to watch for it on You Tube.
(It was cute though, his 10 year old son asked us why we were drinking ice tea after jumping in the water, because that was only going to make us colder.)
Hope you enjoy the photos!












































No comments:

Post a Comment