Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A trip into town

May 2, 2009
I was in Ketchikan today for training. It's funny, when you are out at the lodge, you really forget about the rest of the world, the pace of life, and the demands of it. I realized this as we were half way across the bay and noticed I had forgotten my cell phone!

We left the lodge around 7:30 and was back around 3:30. I trained until noon and then ran errands around town. I've noticed that when you are as secluded as we are, getting to town is a definate treat, and everyone wants you to bring them back something they need.....guess you don't realize what you forgot until you don't have it (I'm sure mom knows, as I've emailed her daily on what she should send me!)

It was another beautiful day - about 75 degrees. Art (the boss's son and the man in charge of maintanence for the lodge) and I had to take back a load of blue herring for bait, so I got my workout hauling 900 lbs of frozen fish to the boat!
When I got back, I got to relax, so that was good! The girls all sat down on the dock after dinner with a drink and enjoyed the evening!

Until later -
Sharon
P.S. I've been drinking...please ignor the spelling/grammer errors!

No comments:

Post a Comment