Sunday, June 12, 2011

April Showers bring May flowers

Despite the snow that was still flying early April up in the passes, it was mostly just raining down here in Leavenworth. In April it rained quite a bit - kind of like back home, and we had cooler temps. However, I was promised that after April the rain should stop and the sun and warm weather come for the rest of the summer.
To my dismay, it rained in May - more than they ever thought, and it's now June, and we are still seeing cooler temps and rain. I am so ready for shorts and skirts and to be able to ride my bike to work!!
Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about watering my plants. Although, you have to wait a few weeks longer to put in your garden out here!
Speaking of, check out my patio garden in the photos below.
I planted tomatoes, green beans, peppers, yellow squash and zucchini.

I've also include some photos of some flowers around The Sleeping Lady and my yard.
Hope all of your gardening back home is going well. I hear it's been hot and muggy. I definitely don't miss the humidity!

~Sharon

Zucchini and Yellow Squash

Beans and Pepper plants

Wild Rose bush outside KOHO Radio (beside my office at The Sleeping Lady)

Bleeding Hearts along the side of my carport at the house I'm renting

No comments:

Post a Comment