Friday, July 30, 2010

The Hunt for Goldfish
















July 30, 2010








Today I got to skip out of work for a few hours to go fishing. I went with Jaimie, the morning server, and Captain Al. Our mission - get a yellow eye (A.K.A. A Red Snapper). Al took us out to "the main" (basically out to open water in front of the mouth of Yes Bay). He located his secret yellow eye spot on his GPS and we got to work. We had to fish deep - 530 feet, but it didn't take long for us to get our first bites (I think it took longer to drop our lines down that far!). The first time, Jaimie got a 10 lb yellow eye and I got a huge rockfish. The second cast, Jaimie got a smaller rockfish and I lost my fish. The third cast, I got a 9.1 lb yellow eye and Jaimie got a big rockfish. After that (about an hour of fishing) we decided our arms hurt too bad and we should go back to the lodge and relax!
An interesting fact: A yellow eye that big is probably about 60 + years old!

Hope you enjoy the photos!
~Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment