Friday, July 29, 2011

Adventures in White Water Kayaking - Part 2

7-28-11

What better way to spend a day off work than in a kayak on the river?

This morning around 10, I joined a group from Leavenworth Mountain Sports as they did a white-water trip down the Wentachee River. We had 4 other "IK"ers (Inflatable Kayakers) and a raft group with us. Although the water wasn't as high or as fast as the last time I kayaked, there were bigger holes and higher waves since the lower water levels changed the rapids. For example, one of the first rapids, "Drunkerds Drop" was still sporting a 10 foot wall of water. (which is a killer rush to hit head-on!) I'm happy to report that this time I didn't swim at all - even Grannies Panties! Whoop Whoop!!

The guides this time around, were Dan & The Bird Man. Check out my photos:


One of the guides - Dan

Lane - A friend of mine. The first time I kayaked, his wife was with us!


The rafters

The other guide - Bird Man

Relaxing between rapids on the river

Hanging out at an eddie, watching the rafters and other kayakers surf.
 'Till next time
~Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment