Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Day off work:

July 2, 2011

I don't get many days off work, so when I do, I have to make them count! Today was no exception as I wasn't scheduled to work until 5 o'clock, so I was up-and-at-em at 6:30 a.m.!
My day started with a trip to hike Peshastin Pinnacles State Park. (Thanks Dad, for helping me purchase that State Park pass "on the fly") After which, I ran some errands in Wenatchee (Ugg! Wal-mart!). Then I got to have lunch with the girls - Dewey's sister, Mary, and her two girls, MaKenna and Finnley, at McGlinn's Pug. My last stop was Ohme Gardens in Wenatchee before heading back to Leavenworth and to work waitressing at The Sleeping Lady. Phew - an exhausting day!

~Sharon

 P.S. Because of the large number of photos, there is a separate post for Ohme Gardens.

Scenery at Pinnacles State Park (kind of looks like parts of South Dakota!)



Just for Leah - proof I was actually here and not just driving by - my self portrait, made possible by my gorilla pod.

Me again!

Local Flora as seen along the path

A view of the valley looking east, towards Wenatchee.

"The feeling remains that God is on the journey too." -Teresa of Avila


A view of the valley to the west, towards Leavenworth. Check out the Orchards!

No comments:

Post a Comment