Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A weekend in the Midwest

"My candle burns at both ends, it may not last the night;
but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

July 15-18th

My crazy, wild, 5-states-in-4-days weekend started Thursday night with a red-eye flight into Sioux Falls where Dad picked me up first thing Friday morning. It was followed with breakfast at Perkins - yum! Then a bunch of little naps until we left for Iowa. (I don't remember a whole lot in there...)

On Sat. we had (in chronological order) Amanda's Bridal shower on the Kuehl side, Grandma Kuehl's Birthday, Grandpa Kuehl's Birthday and their 70th Anniversary celebration. That night, Grandma Wimmer's birthday. Phew!

Sunday was church, then Amanda's Bridal shower that I hosted for her. After that I could actually relax a bit!

Monday, we hit the road for the trip home. Mom and Dad drove me to Omaha, NE to the airport that afternoon and I headed back to Washington. They, on the other hand, were leaving for Hawaii first thing the following morning - lucky ducks!

Anyway, here are some photos from my wild weekend in the mid-west!

~Sharon
P.S. I missed the heat, but not the humidity! Really 110 degrees!! It's been in the low 80s here and 50s over night. When I got home and went to bed I was wearing flannel pj pants and a long sleeve shirt!

Cousins! Leah, Amanda & Mindy

Toilet Paper wedding dresses! One of the shower games we played for Amanda and Ashton's Joint Bridal Shower.

Ashton, with Justin, modeling our designer toilet paper wedding gown. 

Gavin! What a little cutie pie!

Dad, and uncle Kenny - taking care of grilling the burgers and hot dogs

Grandpa and Grandma, in the middle of their 4 boys and daughters-in-law. Looks like Grandma still has to keep those 4 rowdy boys in line!

Grandma & Grandpa with me and my family.

Me, my cousin Mindy and my little sister, Amanda. (or should I say younger sister, since I'm obviously the "little" one - as in SHORT!)

Table decor from the 50's/Soda Pop themed shower I threw for Amanda on Sunday.

Friends and Family at the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment