Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SUP at Happy Wave

July 26, 2011

On Tuesday nights, Leavenworth Mountain Sports supplies boards and gear for anyone who wants to learn SUP (Stand Up Paddle boarding). They also bring along some kayaks so you can practice your river skills. Of course, a lot of the locals turn up too, to do some surfing on Happy Wave, hang out with friends, and have a good time. (It cost just a couple of bucks, kind of a free-will-donation type of thing...)

Since I got off work at 6:30, I decided to check things out. At first, I was not real sure if I wanted to try it (it was cold outside - maybe 75 tops, plus, the water was freezing!), but, I ended up on a board, and of course, loved every minute of it! Guess you know where I'll be every Tuesday night when I'm not working!

~Sharon

Chance, a local, showing off some surfing skills!

Oh my gosh - I'm standing up!

Ok - now I'm getting the hang of this!

Yep...paddling isn't so tough



I met a new friend - Amber. She's from Minnesota too! (Should have known, as she was one of the friendliest people there.)

Practice, practice, practice....next week - Happy Wave!

A Kayaker showing off on Happy Wave

No comments:

Post a Comment