Sunday, July 12, 2009

An afternoon fishing....




July 10, 2009

Meet Linda and John. Linda does housekeeping at the lodge, and is originally from Ketchikan. John is one of the guides (2nd year at Yes Bay) and from Oregon. I hang out with these two quite a bit in the evenings. (We've taught John to play yahtzee!)
Today I got to spend the afternoon fishing with Linda and John. It was a beautiful afternoon, warm temperature and hardly no wind. Since that means the water was calm, I asked to go Halibut fishing. To Halibut fish, you jig fish at about 250+ feet of water, bouncing your weight and bait off the bottom.
I was looking for my 100# Halibut, but caught a shark instead!
(Looks pretty funny with my bait still hanging out of it's mouth!).
John just clubbed it a few times to kill it and we threw it back in.
Hopefully, I will have better luck next time.
Love from AK!


No comments:

Post a Comment