Monday, July 27, 2009

My Alaskan Hottie














Okay, due to popular demand...here is my "Dewey Post" and photos.
(I'm even in a couple, so you know I'm not making the whole story up! LOL!)

For those of you who don't know....here's the story (the short version):


My side: I arrived, checked him out on the dock and was instantly too nervous to think of anything to say around him (Yes, that's right - ME not have anything to say!). Spent the better half of the next month trying to not look stupid when he was around.
His side: I arrived, he checked me out and was instantly too nervous to say anything to me. (I don't even think he managed to introduce himself!) But, he spent the next month coming in the office 3 times a day to get soda so he could see me!
Then our coworkers caught on, and clued him in (evidently my flirting skills need some work!)

After that we started hanging out and are having a lot of fun! We've even been on a few dates (Yes Bay style, that is). He's taken me to check crab and shrimp pots, and to the back bay to watch the sunset.

Other details:
He grew up in Washington, but has lived all around Alaska over the last 10 or so years. He's worked at Yes Bay for the past 5 years, and spent last winter out here as one of the caretakers. This year, he runs the dock.
He's 100% outdoors/hunting/fishing/Alaska guy who can rock a pair of Carharts. (Jeeze...I can't believe I would ever say that!)
Luv from AK!



2 comments:

  1. I knew you'd find a cutie up in AK, have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparently i'm way behind reading! you two are adorable and i'm so glad you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete