Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My First Float Plane Ride





















July 18, 2009












Well, I left for Ketchikan early - instead of leaving the morning of the 19th and getting to go to town by boat, we were able to fly to town the evening of the 18th. Which made this, my very first float plane ride. (The first picture is of the plane landing in Yes Bay.)
We flew Pacific Airways, in a Beaver (which holds 6 people) and I got to ride in the front.

Icing on the cake was when Kevin asked the pilot to take us into town the back way so we got to fly through the mountains instead of just straight into the bay.

I was suprised at what a smooth flight it was, even through the mountains, and on landing! The entire flight took us about 20-25 minutes (instead of 50 minutes by boat!)

What a fabulous way to get to town.
Hope you enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment