Thursday, July 30, 2009

My new tattoo






July 29, 2009

Yes, I'm posting about my new tattoo...and yes, I realize how incredibly cheesy/tacky it might be. However, I wanted to show all of my family and close friends since I'm a million miles away.

The design was created by PJ - the dishwasher here at the lodge. He majored in art in college and did this incredible watercolor of 3 forget-me-nots for me, which is what the tattoo design came from.

It was done by Angel at Island Ink (Yes, Lance, this is the same place that I could also by my 9 mil. from! LOL)

PJ came with me for moral support and to hold my hand - what a sweetie huh! Plus, I think he got a kick out of me using his art to permanently mark my body!

It wasn't nearly as painful as I expected given that it is placed on the back of my neck, so that is good.

The only downside so far, is that it's hot and sunny here and I can't be in the sun, or go swimming with it for the next 7 days!

Hope you enjoy the photos:
The first, is of me getting ready to get the tattoo....
The second photo is PJ looking scared/nervous for me.
The third photo PJ took during the tattoo; the fourth is when we were all finished, and the fifth is of PJ and I on Creek Street in Ketchikan. (Since we had to walk through town to get ice cream when I was done!)

Luv from AK!

1 comment:

  1. I like it!!! You are BRAVE, but then we already knew that. ; )

    ReplyDelete